AMERICA'S TOP INVITATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
The American Fine Wine Competition, which began in 2007, has become the most influential all-American wine invitational in the country. AFWC has also introduced new judging, THE Rosé Competition which is now in its 7th year.
Traditionally, the AFWC takes place each January, THE Rosé Competition happens in April. Following each competition, and throughout the year, we host a series of exclusive and exciting events that feature the award-winning wines while raising money for a variety of non-profits. AFWC and Rosé’s goal is to continue to promote the wines throughout the year and give back to the community. Please check back with us for updates due to the pandemic.
Since its inception, AFWC and THE Rosé have raised more than $1,100,000 for local charities.
WHAT WE DO
Our mission is built on passion. AFWC wants to show the world that the wines produced in the US are some of the finest. We recognize the best wines produced in America and fervently share that information with the public. Many wineries are small and boutique, many are mom and pop operations who don’t have the wherewithal to get their name out. They are the farmers who wake up at 4AM to make sure the grapes are thriving, that they are not freezing in the winter, that they are perfectly nurtured so that when the 800 grapes that fill that bottle are pure poetry to the consumers senses. We find these wineries, we taste these wines, we then bring these wines to the AFWC and share them with you.
- Up to 1,000 wines participate
- 100 Hospitality students volunteer as Wine Angels
- 32 Judges include Sommeliers, Wine Retailers, Wine Educators, Wine Writers, Chefs
- 365 days of searching for the finest
Immediately following day-two of the judging, the “doors are open” to the public who is invited in to taste the competition wines. This event is attended by hundreds of people including collectors, distributors, retailers, and people who just enjoy wine.
The Competition is followed by a series of events taking place throughout the year. Each event promotes the wines from the competition, promotes our Partners, and raises money for charity.
Since its inception, AFWC has raised more than $1,000,000.
WHO WE REACH
The AFWC reaches tens of thousands of people including business professionals, affluent individuals, and philanthropists. These individuals enjoy life’s great pleasures- exceptional wine, great food, world travel and entertainment. We reach people from Florida to California, New York to Texas and everywhere in between. It’s the internet after all! AFWC promotes through a variety of outlets including Social Media, Constant Contact, Media partners, our Judges, and Wine Influencers.
THE GOALS OF AFWC and THE Rosé Competition
- AFWC Guides the public to America’s Finest Wines.
- AFWC and THE Rosé Competition create an environment where businesses can benefit, profit and grow by promoting their products and services at incredible, upscale events to the educated consumer.
- AFWC and THE Rosé Competition produce unique events enabling businesses to give back to their community by supporting non-profit, locally-based organizations.
- AFWC and THE Rosé Competition give sponsors opportunities to entertain and show appreciation to clients, prospects and staff.
- AFWC and THE Rosé Competition offer partners multiple opportunities for brand exposure and relationship building with other sponsors, attendees, and thousands of consumers with discretionary income.
HOW WE DO IT
Throughout the year, AFWC attends events where we look for business partners, we travel to find wines, we work with FIU to bring on students with an interest in the wine and hospitality industry.
We put on charitable events so the public can join us, taste the wines, network with others, help the community- and we all have a common ground- we love wine.
Our students are just making their way in the world, and we help direct them.